Highlander Community Liaison + Graduate Fellow
Seventy Five North Revitalization Corp. is excited to offer the combined position of Highlander Community Liaison + Graduate Fellow in spring 2018. This year-long position will spend 20 hours/week engaging Highlander residents and an additional 15-20 hours/week working as a fellow in the office of Seventy Five North.
The Highlander Community Liaison portion of the position will live onsite as resident #1. This person will work to connect the Highlander community with onsite programs, activities and services. The liaison convenes with the Highlander property manager, Seventy Five North, and Community Life staff on matters of community building, while keeping their neighbors informed about community events and elevating the quality of life at Highlander. Responsibilities include:
- Select and organize common activities based on the needs of the community
- Manage a monthly monetary allowance for events, marketing materials, food/drinks, etc.
- Create and disseminate information about community events to Highlander residents
- Meet with the property manager frequently to discuss budget, activities approval and exchange ideas
- Participate in Community Life training and orientation
- Comply with established Community Life reporting requirements
The Graduate Fellowship portion will work closely with Seventy Five North staff to aid in the areas of urban planning, project management, marketing, communications and research. The position is flexible to align with the graduate program the selected fellow is enrolled into. All applicants must demonstrate a commitment to economic, racial and social justice issues.
- Enrolled in a graduate program at a greater Omaha area college/university
- Available to live onsite in the Highlander neighborhood for 1-year
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable with juggling multiple priorities at one time
- Appetite to work with an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Applicable Areas of Study/Interest
Urban Studies + Planning, Public Administration, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, Business, Social Work, Community Activism, Public Policy, and Research.
The Community Liaison is compensated through a free 1-bedroom apartment in the Highlander neighborhood; utilities not included. The Graduate Fellowship additionally pays up to $15/per hour for work with Seventy Five North.
Applications closed Friday, April 6.