Seventy Five North and AIM Brain Exchange are partnering to address the tech talent gap among women and people of color. This summer, during the third annual Highlander Code Camp, 15 high school students - living and attending school in North O will spend 7-weeks learning website development, collaboration, employment, and life skills.
Outside of the in-class curriculum, Highlander Code Camp participants will gain exposure to business leaders with firms in the greater Omaha area from startups to large organizations through onsite visits and guest lectures. Through these interactions, our team hopes to inspire and motivate students to pursue opportunities in tech.
- April 18: applications open
- May 8: applications close
- May 10-12: candidate interviews
- May 22: candidates acceptance/denied notices sent
- June 5: first day of camp
- Commit to attending all 7-weeks of camp
- Attend Omaha North, Omaha Benson, Omaha Northwest or Omaha Central High Schools
- Qualify for free/reduced lunch
- Live in a North Omaha neighborhood
- Interested in learning more about tech careers
Applications for the 2017 camp are closed.
- Laptop (to keep)
- Two meals per day (breakfast + lunch) and a bus pass
- Attendance-based stipend
- Classroom-style instruction
- Group work
- Mindfulness training
- One-on-one mentoring
- Field trip to a local startup or business
- Field trip to an art show, a play, etc.
Students will receive:
A typical week will include:
- Treat instructors, mentors, and each other with respect
- Attend every class
- Be curious
- Ask for help
- 9-9:30a: Breakfast
- 9:30-12p: Lecture
- 12-1p: Lunch
- 1-3p: Project work or field trip